• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: FORUMS HAVE BEEN UPGRADED

Jill said:
Do I still have to resize photos?
For the most part, no. But there still might be issues with really large images -- we're still testing and working on solutions -- it is much better than it was though.

*****
 
Monster said:
I wonder if there are any god damn, bastardizing, bullshit language filters?
Negative. We at Westcoastpaddler feel that our members are capable of using profanity in a respectful and thoughtful manner.

*****
 
Dan_Millsip said:
We at Westcoastpaddler feel that our members are capable of using profanity in a respectful and thoughtful manner.*****

well I for one always try to be thoughtful when I swear :D
 
Monster said:
Dan_Millsip said:
We at Westcoastpaddler feel that our members are capable of using profanity in a respectful and thoughtful manner.
well I for one always try to be thoughtful when I swear :D
LOL. The words "respectful" and "thoughtful" need to go together here. Sorry, in this instance, one doesn't work without the other. :lol:

*****
 
The upgrades look great! Things are definitely much faster than they were, and I have a question about what appears to be a new feature. I'm seeing a small black dot on the circle that surrounds a post/topic's status. It's positioned at about 10 o'clock...any ideas? It's not listed down with the rest of the key at the bottom of the page.

Cheers,
West
 
Desertboater said:
I'm seeing a small black dot on the circle that surrounds a post/topic's status. It's positioned at about 10 o'clock...any ideas?

I noticed that too. The only thing I can think of is that it indicates new posts in a thread to which you have posted. The other icons (without the black dot) indicate new posts in a thread to which you have not posted anything.
 
Mark_Schilling said:
Desertboater said:
I'm seeing a small black dot on the circle that surrounds a post/topic's status. It's positioned at about 10 o'clock...any ideas?

I noticed that too. The only thing I can think of is that it indicates new posts in a thread to which you have posted. The other icons (without the black dot) indicate new posts in a thread to which you have not posted anything.

you are correct Mark.
the black dot indicates that you personally have posted in that thread.
 
Back
Top