Interesting camera holder

RoyN

Paddler
On of my concerns would be all the steel parts visable in his video. Doesn't note if all steel parts are SS or carbon steel.

WaterMark

Paddler
I'd be concerned about bumping the quick-release accidentally.

Also I like to have the strap around my wrist when I shoot, in case I drop the camera.

Tootsall

Paddler
Might be handy for hiking, biking and camping stuff but does anyone really want to clip an SLR (ie, non-waterproof) to their vest when kayaking? I know I wouldn't.

KayDubbya

Paddler
Thanks for posting Sheila. I wouldn't use it kayaking (non-waterproof SLR) but I ordered one for other things. Looks like an awesome product for backpacking, hiking, skiing, etc.

Rrdstarr

Paddler
I have used this for more then ten years. Takes the weight directly off the neck and places it on the shoulders. Camera doesn't swing and is right where you need it. I have used this with my binoculars, my Super zoom point and shoot and my big dslr's. Quick change between the two with a spare set of clips is easy!
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_...4442421419&FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302697307

His design pulls your pants down or puts the load on one shoulder.

lomcevak

Paddler
WaterMark said:
I'd be concerned about bumping the quick-release accidentally.

Also I like to have the strap around my wrist when I shoot, in case I drop the camera.

I'm not sure, but it looks like the release is that red pin thing. It looks like they've designed it so that it can't be bumped under most circumstances.

Looks like great system, and not as awkward as the one Rrdstarr proposes. But I'd tend to agree that it may not be suitable for an SLR on a kayak, but can't you mount the waterproof ones to tripods etc? If so, then it'll mount to this.