Journey to the Upper Pitt River (Full Documentary)

mick_allen

Paddler & Moderator
Thanks for showing. I love the contrast of the gentle flat wide open valley and the stark, dramatic mountains: it's kinda peaceful in a way.
Too bad having to line or pole or walk in so many shallow areas but at least you gave us more of an idea of what's going on further up there. I haven't been up the river but can sure relate to huddling under a tarp beside the Pitt while torrents of rain come down and wondering when and if to build up the fortitude to get going or just stay huddled. I think I saw a rod in one of the canoes - it would have been nice to have had the time to do a little contemplative trolling or casting.
Anyway thanks. The Pitt is a funny place: to the lower mainland so near and fairly awkward to arrive at and to some degree so unrealized.

Thanks for showing. I love the contrast of the gentle flat wide open valley and the stark, dramatic mountains: it's kinda peaceful in a way.
Too bad having to line or pole or walk in so many shallow areas but at least you gave us more of an idea of what's going on further up there. I haven't been up the river but can sure relate to huddling under a tarp beside the Pitt while torrents of rain come down and wondering when and if to build up the fortitude to get going or just stay huddled. I think I saw a rod in one of the canoes - it would have been nice to have had the time to do a little contemplative trolling or casting.
Anyway thanks. The Pitt is a funny place: to the lower mainland so near and fairly awkward to arrive at and to some degree so unrealized.
thanks for watching. i agree the pitt watershed has a certain dichotomy. It's one of my favourite places in the world. We did a little fishing with no success, but my cousin watched the video and got inspired. Took his friends in a power boat the the river and caught two sea run cutthroat. Next time im up there i intend to do more fishing.

jefffski

Paddler
Pitt Lake is serious water. In summer, winds and waves develop in the afternoon that make paddling dangerous. Plan accordingly