Kayak similar to Eliza by Necky

ADK

Hello everyone, I have been using Eliza in my club and love it. I am 5ft tall, 120 lb female, and Eliza seem to be a great fit. Unfortunately, this kayak is not in production anymore. Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar kayak? Thank you very much in advance.

Peter-CKM

Paddler
Here is an incomplete list of sea kayaks that smaller paddlers seem to like

Valley Gemini (all versions)
Necky Elaho (out of production)
Dagger Alchemy 14S (out of production)
Dagger Stratos 14.5S (or 12.5S, but that is more of a play boat)
Sterling Icecap ($$$)
Valley Avocet LV - the composite version seems better for smaller paddlers than the plastic one (out of production)
Necky Chatham 16 (out of production)
Wilderness Systems Tempest 165 (out of production)
Jackson Journey 13.5 or 14 (only rudder boat in this list)

Many other boats listed as LV or small could work.

My 5'1" 110lb partner loves her Valley Gemini RM.

drahcir

Paddler
Hello everyone, I have been using Eliza in my club and love it. I am 5ft tall, 120 lb female, and Eliza seem to be a great fit. Unfortunately, this kayak is not in production anymore. Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar kayak? Thank you very much in advance.
There are two different Elizas. One is rotomolded and has a rudder. The other is fiberglass, has a different hull, and has a skeg rather than a rudder. They should really not share the same name. [Of course, Necky really overused the"Looksha' name.]

My guess is that the club kayak you used was the rotomolded-with-skeg Eliza. Is that correct?

red kite

Paddler
The Eliza came in composite or rotomolded, which fit rather differently in my opinion. I felt the same way about the Wilderness Systems Zephyr 155: the rotomolded was a good fit, the composite was too big for me (they are also part of that discontinued list, though).

I love my NDK / SKUK Explorer LV. If I would be back in the market the Pilgrim Expedition would be on the short list for touring, the Pilgrim or the tighter fitting Echo as a day trippers.

If thermoform construction is considered: Delta 15S?

(For reference: I consider myself a smaller female paddler, 5'6" 130ish lbs, smaller hips and I prefer "to wear my kayaks"...).

BigandSmall

Paddler
Another smaller persons boat in thermoform is the Boreal designs Storm 15. Here a picture of a 5 foot 95lb paddler with an empty boat on flat water. I also haven't seen the NDK Romany Sportive listed here yet. I brought one home for a friend last week but haven't seen it in the water yet. I suspect it might be nearly ideal for a 120lb person if you like a rockered RM boat with a little room for gear. Put it on your list to demo.

Attachments

ADK

Here is an incomplete list of sea kayaks that smaller paddlers seem to like

Valley Gemini (all versions)
Necky Elaho (out of production)
Dagger Alchemy 14S (out of production)
Dagger Stratos 14.5S (or 12.5S, but that is more of a play boat)
Sterling Icecap ($$$)
Valley Avocet LV - the composite version seems better for smaller paddlers than the plastic one (out of production)
Necky Chatham 16 (out of production)
Wilderness Systems Tempest 165 (out of production)
Jackson Journey 13.5 or 14 (only rudder boat in this list)

Many other boats listed as LV or small could work.

My 5'1" 110lb partner loves her Valley Gemini RM.
Thank you so much!

cougarmeat

Paddler
ADK, My paddling partner (5’6” - weight not given but very close to yours) tried the FiberGlass Eliza and didn’t like the fit.

She really enjoys her EddieLine Fathom LV (low volume). It looks a bit like the Boreal Storm BigandSmall posted, except the FathomLV just has a skeg instead of a rudder.