Kevlar Mariner Express $3500 CAD

JohnAbercrombie

Paddler
This is a one of a kind Mariner Express Kevlar kayak with front and rear hatches and fiberglass bulkheads.
One of the best all-round kayaks ever, the 16 foot long, 22.5" wide Express is a secure and fun boat for day paddles with the capacity to carry food, water and gear for multi-week camping trips.

This kayak is in excellent condition and has seen little use.

DSCN4683.JPG

The front bulkhead is custom installed to use as a very comfortable footrest. As-is, the boat will suit a paddler with an approximate inseam measurement of 31" or less, i.e. height under 5'11".
Shorter-legged paddlers can simply add extra layers of closed cell foam to the bulkhead.
Once you have paddled a kayak with a bulkhead as footrest you won't be eager to return to a footpeg system.
If desired, the new owner can have Blackline Marine or another boatbuilder move the bulkhead forward. Re-installing movable footpegs would then be an option.

Standard fixed factory seat with movable back adjustment.
Ample tie-downs for gear inside the cockpit
Amsteel perimeter safety lines inside vinyl tubing
Gelcoat on hull for easy repairs
Automotive 2K clear coat over metallic paint on deck.
New SnapDragon neoprene cover on rear hatch
New SeaLect Performance oval fore hatch
Specs:
Length overall: 16'
Length at waterline: 14' 6"
Beam: 22.5"
Beam at waterline: 20.5"
Cockpit opening: 32.5" x 15"
Weight: 48 lbs

More information about the Express and the Mariner Kayaks design philosophy can be found at marinerkayaks.com
Mariner kayaks have not been produced since 2007 and are hard to find - the owners don't readily part with them. I have too many boats and this one isn't being used at all, so it is time to put it in the hands of a new owner..

Price $3500

Please communicate by email after contacting me here via 'Conversation' - just click on my user name at the left; thanks.

Attachments

drahcir

Paddler
And that's about 2800 USD, currently. Kevlar, 48 pounds! A great deal. Wat's the enclosure system on the rear hatch? Does it have one of those plastic covers with a perimeter fastening, then covered by the neoprene?

JohnAbercrombie

Paddler
What's the enclosure system on the rear hatch? Does it have one of those plastic covers with a perimeter fastening, then covered by the neoprene?
Yes, the rear hatch is 'factory' Mariner. It's a very good and solid system, designed to be implosion-proof even in extreme conditions. There's a fiberglass 'lid' that's held to the hatch coaming with a trim strip, with the neoprene cover over top of that. Neoprene cover is a new SnapDragon replacement for the original, and it has only seen the sun for a few hours.

cougarmeat

Paddler
Also, trim strip material is available from Kayak Academy in Washington. Beautiful boat John. And no flotation bags needed.