• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

New Tent Suggestions Please

divorceboat said:
My wife and I purchased the Tarn3 from MEC. It is a good two person tent for three seasons. As a true 3 person incredibly tight. We looked at the Tarn 2 but thought it was a wee bit small for two.
Welcome to the site divorceboat!

I recently purchased the MEC TGV 4 season tent and so far am liking it a lot after spending three nights in it. It's a bit smaller than I'm used to (it's a bit bigger than the Tarn 2) -- I had a 3 person tent before, but for one person the TGV is quite big enough (2 can fit, but they'd have to like each other a whole lot).

I know of several people who have the Tarn 3 and they all really like it -- and the price is very good as well.

btw: the Force Ten Assault looks like a pretty rock solid tent (regardless of any phallic comments).

divorceboat said:
My wife and I purchased the Tarn3 from MEC. It is a good two person tent for three seasons. As a true 3 person incredibly tight. We looked at the Tarn 2 but thought it was a wee bit small for two.
So you found us! Welcome to the site. Hope you can join us on Saturday evening in The Creek.

Back