• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

SOLD! - Nimbus Telkwa (Kevlar!)

nootka

Paddler
I learned to roll in this kayak and it has been on a few west coast trips. I switched over to skeg boats so the Telkwa hasn't been used for a while. It is in good shape, and has never been dragged over beaches. New seat, hatch straps, and paddlefloat straps. See pictures for the extra outfitting.
Was $3000, now dropped to $2900, in Campbell River. Update July 20 - price drop to $2600
DeckProfile.jpg

Nimbus Telkwa 18' 3" long, 24.375" wide, 215 litres hatch storage

CalvinCreek.jpg

The Telkwa at Calvin Creek, Nootka Island

Rolling.jpg

Learning to roll in the Telkwa

Seat.jpg

New seat

FrontHatch.jpg

New bow hatch straps

SternHatch.jpg

New stern hatch straps and new paddlefloat straps

Hull1.jpg

Hull in ordinary light

Hull2.jpg

Hull heavily photoshopped to show cosmetic scratches

CockpitDrings.jpg

D rings in the cockpit to anchor a water dromedary. The yellow color of the inside hull is the Kevlar.

RudderLockStrap.jpg

The short black strap in upper middle is used to prevent the footpeg from moving. Useful for rolling practice.

BailBagBuckles.jpg

2" fastex buckles (red straps) behind the seat attach to a fanny pack (not included) which serves as a bailout bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interested. I’m teaching a rescue clinic tomorrow until 2:30. I could come see it after that if you’re available? Monday also a possibility

Back