• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Not a robot...

Tangler

Paddler
Is anyone else finding the new 'I'm not a robot" function before joining annoying?
Not only is the extra step tedious but the image quality is often so poor that it is hard to tell if the required object is present often leading to repeated tests. :(
I know the site has had a few spam posts but I'm not convinced this is necessary or that it couldn't be done better.
Any thoughts?

Perhaps it's bad practice, but I stay logged in here, so I haven't experienced this. Or do you mean that the robot (?) (captcha?) thing is part of the registration process?

Reactions: CPS
I stay logged in most of the time too.
When I hit the bookmark for this site I get the robot test thing.
Just had to do it three times. :(

I stay logged in most of the time too.
When I hit the bookmark for this site I get the robot test thing.
Just had to do it three times. :(
I should have written : " I stay logged in here and keep the tab open in Chrome"...
I have a bad habit of keeping 20+ tabs open in my browser..I couldn't get away with stuff like that in my 1990s era computer. :)

Sorry for the inconvenience on that everyone. Greengeeks (the folks who make the platform) had detected what looked like repeated spam attempts, so they auto added the additional step for log-in. A pain, but less so than a bunch of robot spam.

It happened again but at least this time there were no fuzzy photos to decipher. Perhaps that is an acceptable improvement while these measures last...

Back