• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Ok, who got rescued today?

apparently 2 people who couldn't read or hear the words "Gale Warning" on the forecast last night.

man if you had just watched the regular news casts last night you would have known the wind was going to crank today.

brutal, but glad they got out of their self-inflicted mess ok with assistance from the fine folks at the CG and BC Ferries.

Not me. :) I was on the Tsawwassen ferry coming back into Swartz Bay when the mayne queen called in. I was watching 2-3 foot swell with 2-3 foot wind chop and some spray on top of it. Coal didn't look like a nice place to be in a kayak at that point. Hope they learned their lesson. :/ At least they had the sense to carry a radio and/or signal distress.

-Rich

Back