• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Old school house framing

paddlesores

Paddler
Doing a reorg in the garage this weekend and thought some of you may get a laugh at this. Just came across a piece of wood I had saved from when I was doing renos on our old house. Taking out the bulkheads above the windows and found they were framed with clear 2x6 vertical grain cedar. Heaviest pieces of cedar I have ever come across. Times have changed eh?
4D2A5E9A-39C4-4316-8005-3052637E72B3.jpeg
image.jpg
Doug

Reactions: CPS
Yeah, I'm sure there's at least one GP hiding in there. I think I've got enough for a full GP, a storm and a bunch of norsaqs. I kicked myself because when I first took the sawzall to the framing I cut one of the 10 footers in two before I smelled it and realized what I had.

A project......that's actually the reason for the clean-up. We're going to build a couple of cedar strip paddleboards. Ordered a couple frame kits from Jarvis boards so hope to get going on those in the next couple of months.

I had the most beautiful CVG cedar 2x4x8 footer for years with the intent to carve a GP. It sat in storage untouched, and during my momentary lapse of sanity whilst I took a break from paddling, I finally gave it away to a neighbour who needed some scrap for a project since I figured I’d never get around to doing it anyway.

Less than a year later, I came to my senses and got back into paddling and now wish I still had it! :cry:

Back