Olympus TG-2 waterproof

Comoxpaddler

Paddler
I posted previously asking about water-repellent coatings on the glass on the top-end Panasonic Lumix and eventually went for the Olympus TG-2 which does have this. Not disappointed. Sheds water drops very well. Quite a lot of noise reduction programming which will not be to everyone's taste and colours very punchy - again a matter of taste. It is very quick (both in terms of being ready to take a photo after switching on, and in the traditional sense - it has a f2.0 lens).

This is an atmospheric shot from Haida Gwaii taken in full colour (no tweaking on the computer)! I actually only had 1.5 days of rain in an 18 day period in the second half of May.

Attachments

neils

Paddler
Hey, any longer-term assessment of the TC-2? How has it held up and performed (My old Canon D10 died and I'm scoping a replacement). Is there a hack kit available for the TC-2 like there is for the Canon D20?

Thanks, and feel free to contact me offline if you prefer:
neil@neilschulman.com

Astoriadave

Paddler
Neil,

Before you pop for one, talk to Darryl Lloyd, Longshadow Photography, out of Hood River. He recently invested and found his wanting in image quality. He might have a lemon, and his assessment was based on his first day with it on a WW raft trip down the White Salmon starting at BZ Corner, but by now he should have a better handle on it.

http://www.longshadowphoto.com/main_darryl.htm