• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Opportunity for input on potential water-access park/camping on Bowen Island

It's a tough call to get water access: As the park is car accessible that means lots of pressure and easy use by all - likely negating water access especially as that is by a difficult rocky shore. As well, the one area hilited would be the best for all users for some form of water interaction. Or a very exposed location to put a dock for dock access.
I think it is far better to put our hopes into Apodaca as it has minimal land access [private property surrounding] and a much much better landing spot, and materials are on site:

Difficult Cape situation - this is the shown water access location:
from the water:
CapeRogerMetro-WestLdgLocation.jpg

closer view

CapeRogerMetro-WestLdg-det.jpg

I think on the landing:
RogerCurtis-east.jpg

It's quite bony and I think they'd spend millions putting in a pier, breakwater, or dock in this location.

and an earlier conversation here showing where a slightly better location is just 100m east - but as it is close to the boundary, probably not desired by the park:

where there is some form of beach:
RogerCurtis-site1c.jpg

Attachments

• CapeRogerMetro-WestLdg-det.jpg
    CapeRogerMetro-WestLdg-det.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 78
That's Apodaca Park on the SE side, not Cape Roger Curtis shown above. Apodaca is water access only [surrounded by private land] so much more secluded for our purposes.

Millions of cudos to Nick Heath who has mainly shepherded this project over the years - with the help of many SKABC [local Vancouver club] volunteers and support of the BCMarineTrails.

Back