Original Mariner Kayak

RickMcMinn

After reading this thread: https://www.westcoastpaddler.com/community/threads/kayak-identification.9505/ I figured it was time to find a new home for my original Mariner Kayak. I mostly paddle a Mariner II these days and rarely paddle the original. As stated in the linked thread, the original Mariner is best suited for strong, experienced paddlers and is an excellent boat for expeditions.

The boat was made in 1982 and I have owned it since 1984. It is in good condition. It has the sliding seat. I can include floatation bags, spray skirt, a sea sock, and a one piece fiberglass paddle. $600 U.S. I live in West Seattle.

P1020019.jpeg
P1020015.jpeg

RickMcMinn

Not a single reply. That’s sad. We’ll I guess I’ll plant it in the backyard and make it the first boat in what may become my Mariner Museum considering all the Mariner boats I and my other aging friends own. Kinda like Cadillac Ranch?

1659405088711.jpeg

RickMcMinn

I won’t paint them like the cars however…leave stock, no rudders, and preferably no bulkheads.

cougarmeat

Paddler
Rick, I'm sorry I didn't see this before my trip up to Seattle. It looks like you've taken great care of your original Mariner. It's always good to have a spare.