Paddling Broken Group

jgunther

Paddler
Re-Pictures of Humpbacks

Sorry- Don't know how to caption each picture. We were shocked and really dismayed seeing the damage a boat prop can do. I was asked to submit this photo as well as the tail shots for identification to the local newspaper so they could let everyone know to really keep an eye out. All the boaters we spoke with as well as the local guides say that they are very aware of all the sea life out there but these things do happen. After seeing the pictures they also said this whale would likely survive but have one nasty scar.

DarenN

Paddler
nice pics!!
i was there all last week (19-26). very few people but a lot of Humpbacks. it was incredible to be paddling in thick fog and have whales surface close by. lots of sea lions and otters too. a real jem of a trip, but i didn't get anywhere near the pics you did. :wink:

Daren.......

jgunther

Paddler
Broken Group

Thanks....my wife was running the video and just got the tail end. Was hoping that we would have it on video but you can never figure out were they will come up. Got the pictures though so that will have to do. I think it will make a nice enlargement for my collection.