• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Pelican case mount

littleaddictsl

Paddler
Hi, I am a new member this week, and also 3 months new to sea kayaking, lots of info on this site, I have been looking for ideas on mounting a pelican case (maybe 1400) to the bow, without success, I would like to have quick access, so I prefer no straps over top. looking forward to more reading and learning :big_thumb
Thanks

Thanks Jurfie, I like that idea, and simple, I have foam and velcro left over from my cockpit fit, I would like to know if the white tab with ring is what he added.

littleaddictsl said:
Thanks Jurfie, I like that idea, and simple, I have foam and velcro left over from my cockpit fit, I would like to know if the white tab with ring is what he added.
Yup. At Western Canoe and Kayak. http://www.westerncanoekayak.com/produc ... on_id=5651 Not sure what adhesive he used to attach to the Peli case. I have used these a lot for anchors underdecks. Very strong. To fiberglass, 4200, 5200 both work. And there is a two part 3M adhesive that works well, also, which I used for a different application, maybe to PVC.

littleaddictsl said:
Yes (although they are actually grey, not white). The lash tabs have worked incredibly well -- not sure of the name of the actual adhesive -- it's heated up in a gun prior to applying -- more of a welding process than a glue. As Dave mentions, I had the tabs applied at Western Canoeing in Abbotsford -- they can probably give you more info about the specific adhesive.

Turned out in the end that I didn't need the wedge foam blocks and Velcro -- the box stays nice a firmly attached using bungees without the wedges.

Best part about this system is that my entire camera setup is always within reach, and right in front of me..

Ok, I will have to wait to see what case I buy and where I can mount it on my boat, and I also need to learn the names of the parts on it as well as I can see, :lol:

Back