question about thigh braces

Doug

Paddler
Hi,
I've never used thigh braces in a sea kayak. Back when I used to whitewater kayak we would squeeze our legs up as close as we could to our torso, and the knees would push out against the sides of the hull give a lot of support. However it looks to me from pictures that sea kayak thigh braces are actually used by squeezing the thighs inwards? I'll probably add some to the Tern 14 and thought I'd better get a handle on how it should work before I make them.

thanks

Astoriadave

Paddler
sushiy said:
Doug, go www.kayakfit.com A-Dave,haha , I beat you this time :D :wink:
Sigh, the young take over the few small morsels of ability and talent we old and treacherous ones have left ... leaving us in our rocking chairs, mocking being our only entertainment left. :lol: :lol: :wink: :roll:

You are quite the imp, Sushi -- you go, girl! :D

Kheyashunka

Paddler
Astoriadave said:
sushiy said:
Doug, go www.kayakfit.com A-Dave,haha , I beat you this time :D :wink:
Sigh, the young take over the few small morsels of ability and talent we old and treacherous ones have left ... leaving us in our rocking chairs, mocking being our only entertainment left. :lol: :lol: :wink: :roll:

You are quite the imp, Sushi -- you go, girl! :D
That little blue and white rocker you built yourself??? :roll:

DarenN

Paddler
Astoriadave said:
Eh? Can't hear ya, sonny ... mah ears are worn out from engine noise. Or, was that rock music in the 1960's? :wink: :roll:
maybe it was the noise of a white-gas stove. 8) :wink: