Question kayaking to get for Vancouver area and lakes

kayakwriter

Administrator
You can go for Lifetime Lotus Sit on top kayak which costs around 600$.I think it will suitable for you
Hi Julie. If you double check the thread you'll see Pascal and his partner already got their kayaks. In any case, they were looking for boats to tour with. It's possible to tour with Sit-On-Top kayaks, but they're much slower and less maneuverable, plus you need more immersion protection because you're much more exposed to the weather. The boat you showed would be fine for a summer afternoon on very sheltered waters in Chicago, but not for winter or for the shoulder seasons (spring and fall). I say that as someone who used to live and kayak in Toronto, across the lake from you.

juliestephen

Hi Julie. If you double check the thread you'll see Pascal and his partner already got their kayaks. In any case, they were looking for boats to tour with. It's possible to tour with Sit-On-Top kayaks, but they're much slower and less maneuverable, plus you need more immersion protection because you're much more exposed to the weather. The boat you showed would be fine for a summer afternoon on very sheltered waters in Chicago, but not for winter or for the shoulder seasons (spring and fall). I say that as someone who used to live and kayak in Toronto, across the lake from you.
Kayakwriter

"Also any recommendations for a Kayak around 1500-1700$?"

He asks for some recommendations on kayak,thats why I suggested this..May be my suggestion is not suitable.. sorry for that

kayakwriter

Administrator
Kayakwriter He asks for some recommendations on kayak,thats why I suggested this..May be my suggestion is not suitable.. sorry for that
No problem Julie. What boats are suitable for a particular paddler depends on a whole range of factors, including their experience/skill level, where they're paddling, what kind of paddling they aspire to, their size, weight and physical abilities, their budget, what's available in their local market, and more. The great thing about these forums is that for almost every kind of paddler and paddling, there will be some forum members who can offer personal, experience-based advice about what boats might work.