REVIEW: DVD - This is the Sea

Dan_Millsip

Paddler

Product: This is the Sea (DVD)
Purchased at: Mountain Equipment Co-op
How much: $30.00 Cdn (as of Mar 2005)

Review:
If you're looking for a sea kayaking DVD that's a bit out of the ordinary, this is it. There's no instruction here. There's no one telling you the best way to do this or that. It's all about entertainment -- and most of it in rough water.

If you've ever experienced the thrill of surfing your kayak on the front of a wave or wake, you'll appreciate this DVD. It's about pushing one's self and equipment to the limit and harnessing the power of the ocean for fun and excitement. But mostly, it's a showcase of the limits of the modern day kayak and the people who paddle them. And thrown into the mix, is some really good music, awesome footage of wildlife, and some of the world's best scenery.

The DVD shows some of the best-known kayakers in the world including; Nigel Foster, Chris Duff, Malligiaq Padilla, Shawna Franklin, Leon Somme, Nigel Dennis, Ginni Callahan, Greg Stamer, Hadas Feldman, Dale Williams, and producer Justine Curgenven.

This is a DVD that you'll watch over and over again.

Final conclusion:
I highly recommend this DVD to anyone who likes playing around in even the smallest of waves.

More information:
See the CackleTV website.

tim_in_bc

Paddler
I watched this video a couple of weeks ago after renting it here in Victoria and it opened my eyes to what some people do with a sea kayak.

An excellent rent for sure.