Roar Islet in Blair Inlet off Cecilia Island

Denis Dwyer

Paddler

Roar Islet is snugged up within a group of islands and small islets in Blair Inlet off the SE corner of Cecilia Island. The gravel beach is easy to land on at all tide levels and a small level spot at the top of the beach is dry at high tide. There are plenty of other campable beaches in this area but this one looked liked the best to me. It is a one day paddle from Shearwater via Seaforth Channel and a two day paddle from Klemtu.
Coordinates: 52°17.183N X 128°23.072W

Featheron

Paddler
I camped at Roar Islet on July 28 2009 with a group of 5. It is very small islet just SE of Cecilia Island with a gradual clam shell and gravel beach on the N side. We had no tide problems with a high tide level at Bella Bella of 4.3 m. There is lots of space for tents on the beach, the interior of the island also has some clear spots for tents (and possible remains of a Kayak Bill campsite). There is no fresh water on the islet.

Campsite at Roar Islet (close to 4.3 m high tide)

Roar Islet

More pics from this trip can be seen on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mtngoat/3925371348/in/set-72157622213295218/

Featheron

Paddler
Forgot to mention that my GPS coords (52 17.2' N, 128 23.1' W) for Roar Islet concur with those given by Denis and listed in Wild Coast 2 (p. 130).