• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

sea kayaking course choice?

jeffhan

Hi everyone, i am new to sea kayaking and want to take a course. what about paddle canada level 1 sea kayaking course?

They're a good introduction. The paddle Canada level one course covers basic strokes and other important things like wet exits.

It's a good foundation to build on especially if you don't know anyone experienced who could show you the ropes.

That would be the place to start! There are several schools and instructors around here.. The Paddle Canada website has a search function that might help - Search for a Sea Kayak Course - Paddle Canada

It's been a whole bunch of years since I've done my Level 1/Level 2 courses so I'm not super up to date with all the options. I did Level 1 at Deep Cove Kayak and really enjoyed it - met a couple of amazing coaches through those sessions.

Back