• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Six years ago today...

Dan_Millsip

Paddler
On Friday, March - 18th 2005, at approximately 1:00 PM after about three months of behind-the-scenes website building we officially clicked the button to launch WestCoastPaddler.com.

It's been an exciting six years and on behalf of myself, Mark, Robert, Steve, Andy, and Mick, I'd like to extend a huge thank-you to everyone who has visited the site and helped make it the helpful and friendly community website that it is.

We look forward to continuing for many more years to come.

Thanks everyone!

West Coast Paddler is a Pisces, as am I. Very fitting.

Happy Birthday and Congratulations.

Congratulations to you all for six productive years. You've been my primary paddling resource since I got into the sport. I thank you all for your contributions and efforts.

Keep up the good work. :big_thumb

KayDubbya said:
Congratulations to you all for six productive years. You've been my primary paddling resource since I got into the sport. I thank you all for your contributions and efforts.

Ditto!

Happy Birthday WCP! Thanks to all the work you guys do to keep this thing running smoothly...and thanks to all the great members who contribute and make it the great community it is!
:kiss :big_thumb :clap:

I would really like to thank the "stake holders" for setting up the site and especially for the Boat and Accessory Building forum; without that I'd probably not have been willing to attempt making my own and certainly would have had a much more difficult time in absence of the great advice and "how to" stuff. :big_thumb

"Thank you".

ps... thanks also for the moderators' work at keeping the site spam, politic and religion-free (seen too dang many forums wrecked by those topics).

This discussion forum is really great for discussing issues that surround kayaking. Who knew how wide a web that is...

Thanks for letting us stretch those rules of engagement from time to time.... :lol:

KVB

ken_vandeburgt said:
This discussion forum is really great for discussing issues that surround kayaking. Who knew how wide a web that is...

Thanks for letting us stretch those rules of engagement from time to time.... :lol:

KVB

Well said. Ditto. :popcorn: :lol:

Happy Birthday, and thanks for putting in all the work you have put into it! WCP is one of the few forums I follow, filled with good infomation, and, positive energy. :clap: :clap:

Ditto to all the above: thanks for providing a great site where we can discuss all aspects of paddling and for all the hard work and dedication you put into keeping it an excellent resource.
Kathy

KayDubbya said:

+1,,,happy birthday and thanks to everyone

Thanks Dan et al,

For providing a welcoming place to learn new things, to share what we know, and opportunities to meet great people on the web and in person.

Congrats on the milestone and thanks for all the work.

I've only been registered for about a year, but I've been reading stuff here apparently since the very early days. I was surprised to learn that the site is that young, I think of it as having been around for longer.

Cheers from out east.
Bryan

:clap: :clap: HAPPY BIRTHDAY WCP, 6 years old!! :clap: :clap:
another six and you'll be a smooth as a bottle of good Scotch :big_thumb

None too shabby guys n' gals; not only a great resource - but one you can access retroactively, have questions/input feedback almost instantaneously, share images and videos, and all in a friendly, helpful environment given oversite and moderation by dedicated paddlers. Who needs peer review when you have a whole community willing to lend practical, useful information with those contributing doing so with that same keen sense of community and family.

Doug Lloyd

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 2,159
Dan_Millsip said:
On Friday, March - 18th 2005,

Wow that's my B-day also, though there's a few more candles on my cake!

Thanks to all of you who keep the forum running and to all the regulars for your input. Looking forward to many more years of enlightenment.

Rog

Certainly you have created a great forum for people to meet and help each other. Even though I've gone back to Oz I still enjoy this community.
Happy Birthday :clap:

Back