SKGABC and Paddle Canada - questions

JKA

Paddler
Hi Team,

This is a scattergun approach, hoping that I'll hit a suitable target(s). Apologies if inappropriate, if so mods please delete asap.

I'm part of a review panel looking at New Zealand's current professional sea kayak instructor awards. As part of that we will look at guides v instructors ( sacred cows from when we set the awards up in 2004) and the relevance of the existing awards.

My limited exposure to the Canadian system indicated to me that the SKGABC and Paddle Canada have guiding and instructing pathways that seem to complement each other.

I am interesting in talking with people with experience in how they mesh (or if on practice they actually don't)

I'm as much interested in talking with guides and instructors as I am with the architects/guardians of the systems.

Any discussions will be in confidence, and I can be reached at jkapadla2017@gmail.com

Cheers

John

Reactions: AM

AlphaEcho

Paddler
You should probably be chatting with Mike Gilbert, former Paddle Canada President, if you aren't already. I will email him a link to this topic and he can take it from there.