• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

SOLD! - $450 Novorca Carbon Greenland Paddle - New

JohnAbercrombie

Paddler
This paddle has only been wet once since I bought it in 2012.
It's in like-new condition.
It's been in its padded case, waiting for a new owner who can do it justice.

Ron Steinwall's Novorca paddles were all custom made, and each one was truly a work of art.
Novorca detail.JPG

This video shows how Novorca paddles were made:
Making Novorca Paddles

Details:
One piece Novorca 360 paddle by Ron Steinwall
Length overall 86"
Loom 22"
Weight 725 grams

Carbon fiber over structural foam core

Includes Novorca padded case

Price $450

Please contact me here by clicking on my user name and 'Start conversation', or email me directly (preferred) at j underscore r underscore abercrombie at telus dot net

Novorca full .jpg

Novorca blade.JPG

Novorca logo.JPG

Novorca shoulder.JPG

Novorca case.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey John,
I really didn't need to see this right now. :oops: That's a gorgeous paddle and I always kicked myself for not getting one when he was still in business.
It looks like it's 3.5" wide. Is that correct?
What are the x/y dimensions of the loom?
I'm assuming the loom is 22" measured to the base of the shoulders?
Thanks,
Doug

Blade width is 3.5" at tip, 1.75" at the shoulder

The loom is 1.25" x 1 5/8"

The absolutely straight section of the loom is about 21 1/2 " then there's about 3/4" of 'shoulder' taper (which starts quite gradually) up to the blade.

The blade is about 3/4" thick in the middle, near the tip.
I'd describe the blade cross-section as 'elliptical', not angular.

Doug: You definitely deserve this paddle! :)

Actually it was your mention of the Kalleq in the 'Stow Greenland Paddle' discussion that reminded me to sell that Novorca.
I half-expected you to be interested... :)
The Novorca is going to a good home, so I'm happy.

And you were right! If only I'd seen the post earlier, but that's on me for being too slow! :cry::p

Hey John,

Was able to get out today and try the paddle. Love it! Can't believe how light it is. Thank you very much for taking the time to ship it for me. Appreciate it. Merry Christmas to you and all.
Take care, Doug
PC240025.JPG
PC240037.JPG

Back