SOLD! - Astral Aquavest and Equipment

Doug_Lloyd

Paddler
Astral Aquavest 300 heavy water MSF-PRO, Large/Extra Large chest size 42” to 54”.

The link below is close to the year I bought mine but a bit newer I believe:

Excellent rough water expedition vest with an arm movement cut, approximately 16 pounds of buoyancy.
Hand-warmer front pocket, zipped front pouch, quick release belt with two O rings for tow line and included SeaSeat.
Right zippered side pouch holds factory strong-swimmer tow web connected via ring on quick release belt.
Left side pouch is just a wide belt flap where I keep a Victoriaknox multitool in a waterproof pouch.
There is a Wenoka Deep Sea titanium dive knife in an EZlock scabbard with lanyard.
A Princeton Tec personal strobe light is located on a shoulder lash tab
A 40 hour Rescue Laser Light emergency distress signal for use sits in a tight spot on the other shoulder tab. It comes with a flyer by Greatland Laser.

A University of Victoria developed SeaSeat stows in the back pocket. It doesn’t need to be carried. I have used this compact, inflatable personal survival raft for cold water rescue to re-enter my kayak in rough water/tidal action and carried it in the vest as a possible benefit for boat separation and for potential efficacy as a stabilizing device broadside for vertigo and sea sickness. They are out of production now.

Vest is in great condition. Lights will need batteries. An inflation mitigator for sure, if you want all this stuff!

Asking $200 (CAD)

Located in Colwood/Victoria BC

Doug

Attachments

mick_allen

Paddler & Moderator
Like 'Kayak Jim', it does not make me happy seeing you unloading all this gear . . . but I'd be honoured to holding/wearing/sharing some of this gear as I scream for help or stab the on-coming monsters.
So what the heck, I'll take the aquavest above, the platypus hydration bags, and the smelly pants with accompanied outerwear.
And if for any reason things change for the better, you can have any of it back - with great pleasure.

I'm over in the lower mainland, so will message you with possible arrangements.
- mick

JKA

Paddler
Like 'Kayak Jim', it does not make me happy seeing you unloading all this gear . . . but I'd be honoured to holding/wearing/sharing some of this gear as I scream for help or stab the on-coming monsters.
So what the heck, I'll take the aquavest above, the platypus hydration bags, and the smelly pants with accompanied outerwear.
And if for any reason things change for the better, you can have any of it back - with great pleasure.

I'm over in the lower mainland, so will message you with possible arrangements.
- mick

+1

Doug, we had a few interesting discussions on 'PaddleWise' back in the day, and we actually met by chance on the street outside Ocean River Sports, on Store Street (is this correct, is that where they were?).

I bought a bunch of your gear a few years ago, via Victoria-local Gary Jacek, and it eventually made its way down to me in NZ. I haven't got around to putting new seals on your drysuit, but the Dromedary bag is used regularly.

I'm gutted to learn that you're now unable to paddle, but I hope you continue to share your wisdom. Those skills were hard-earned, keen to hear more.

All the best,

John

Doug_Lloyd

Paddler
Well mick (aka Mr. Moderator) you are an awesome contributor to this forum but I must correct you on stabbing on-coming monsters (heh, heh): I’ve not so adroitly manoeuvred the kayak through thin lines hidden in the surf connected to fish traps, and a good knife with a hook is de rigueur. It’s also good for defence, true, but actually works best as a deterrent to board surfers trying to intimidate you in the surf line. At least that’s what I told the editor at SK Magazine when he queried my huge diver’s knife strapped to the deck of my Nordy for a photo shoot on tethering. He said, Really!?”. I said ”Really Chris”. I think I had to re-shoot the deck photo. A scabbard with knife on your PDF seems way more elegant, you know, because I’m such an elegant paddler. (Cough, cough).