SOLD!! - NDK Explorer HV Sea Kayak $2,400CAD

Geoff

Paddler
Designed for rough water and covering distances, this expedition kayak is maneuverable, directionally stable and can carry high loads. Designed to fit the large paddler. The volume in the cockpit has been increased by adding 1.5" (3,8 cm) of extra height between top of the seat and underside of the deck. Also, a raised area either side of the cockpit has been added to facilitate more leg room. The hull has not been altered from a standard volume Explorer.

This Explorer HV is fitted with the High performance glass seat. The kayak has a low rear deck for easy rolling, a keyhole cockpit that gives excellent grip, control and allows quick exit if need be. The sloping bulkhead behind the seat allows the kayak to be emptied by lifting only the bow, no x-rescue is necessary.

I've added some minicell foam around the thighs to actually fit a more medium sized paddler. This could be easily sanded/removed to fit various sized users though.

Currently the kayak has no foot pegs, it instead has foam against the front bulkhead for increased comfort. If you prefer traditional adjustable foot pegs a set can be included with your purchase.

length: 533.5 cm - 17’6”
width: 56 cm - 22.05”
depth: 35 cm - 13.78”
overall volume: 319 litres
front hatch volume: 73 litres
cockpit volume: 152 litres
day hatch volume: 38 litres
rear hatch volume: 56 litres

Includes a deck mounted compass and front deck paddle holder.

All hatches are water tight. The kayak has always been stored indoors.

There are normal scratches on the bottom from usage but nothing severe, nothing through the gel coat.

It's a great kayak, I'm only selling it as I've purchased a couple other kayaks and need to thin the fleet.

Note the price for a new Explorer HV is $6081 including tax:

You get all the fun (and a compass) for well under half the price!

2022-08-19 11.44.17.jpg2022-08-19 11.44.01.jpg2022-08-19 11.44.07.jpg2022-08-19 11.43.41.jpg2022-08-19 11.44.42.jpg

Geoff

Paddler
I've taken a deposit. The kayak is on hold till Saturday August 27th. I will update this post if the sale completes or not.