• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Spare Paddle Retainer Storage

So this is the Velcro version of Northwater scabbards, they have an internal plastic 'sheath' that slides out and makes it very easy to slide the paddle in/out, and it keeps them open (ala ABS pipe). There are three separate Velcro tabs to attach to lines. It's super quick to put on/take off, I'd recommend it if you're looking for a bow-type removable device.

They don't look as much like a tiny pair of pants though, so a bit of a drawback.
I don't consider a pair of underwear strapped on your bow a good look, so I'd consider this a win. Just my opinion. :D

IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0231.JPG

I’ve been using that style of north water paddle park for a while. Best I’ve tried, but if you do have a length of deck rigging that can span across the two scabbards to pin it in place, I’d recommend it. If you’re surfing a lot. The force of waves and gradual introduction of salt/sand will undermine the Velcro lashes over time.

Looks like they change their style from time to time. My most recent ones just have loops that require undoing the deck rigging to thread them on.

Reactions: CPS
Back