Stolen Kayak

chodups

Paddler
My Progression was stolen last night in Shoreline, WA. Please keep your eyes open for it.

The boat has a black and white deck. Hull is blue with a white impact diamond and a black fiberglass keel strip. There is a turquoise-ish Arcteryx logo sticker behind the cockpit which could be easily removed. Ditto for Black Paddle Britches on the front deck lines. The industry warning sticker in the cockpit lists the weight at 43.1 pounds. It is a glass layup with HIN US-SKF00438L617 etched on the shear near the stern. The cosmetic treatment is pretty unique and with the black keel strip it will be very easy to identify from a distance…..

If you see or hear of a boat matching that description please contact King County Deputy Michael Yamamoto at 206-396-2380 regarding Case #C22004796 or your local authorities.

Attachments

LAM

Paddler
Jon, so sorry to hear this bad news. We will pass on this information to our paddle friends up here and will all be on lookout for it.

Lila

AM

Paddler
Ah, jeez — that’s terrible news, Jon. My sympathies, friend. I’ll be looking.

Cheers,
Andrew

chodups

Paddler
Jon, so sorry to hear this bad news. We will pass on this information to our paddle friends up here and will all be on lookout for it.

Lila
Thanks Lila. If it would easier to forward via Facebook it is shareable on my facebook page.

Jasper

Paddler
chodups, do you feel comfortable sharing a link to your facebook post here? Or in a PM if that is better for you?

I would like to share it in some of the groups around here, I have a suspicion stolen kayaks with the same MO are traveling up and down the I5 corridor for resale.

Reactions: CPS

chodups

Paddler
chodups, do you feel comfortable sharing a link to your facebook post here? Or in a PM if that is better for you?

I would like to share it in some of the groups around here, I have a suspicion stolen kayaks with the same MO are traveling up and down the I5 corridor for resale.
No problem. What do we need? It is set for sharing on my FB page. I'm here to help.

LAM

Paddler
Hey Jon, you may also want to put a “Stolen Kayak” notice on Craigslist in your area and a few other areas near by with a picture and description and renew it every day so it is always at the top of the postings. People looking to buy kayaks may look at Craigslist to compare shop and if they see your kayak anywhere they may contact you.

Lila

chodups

Paddler
Hey Jon, you may also want to put a “Stolen Kayak” notice on Craigslist in your area and a few other areas near by with a picture and description and renew it every day so it is always at the top of the postings. People looking to buy kayaks may look at Craigslist to compare shop and if they see your kayak anywhere they may contact you.

Lila
I hadn't thought of that. Thank you.

sofstu

Paddler

Lila
Good advice,
Here in BC people are more likely to look at Kijiji

cougarmeat

Paddler
Also, Matt Broze (Mariner Kayak) was keeping a database of boats and their serial numbers - not just for his Mariners. If you have the serial number and he is still doing it, he can add it there. I'm not sure if there's a special website for it, but it used to be a place people would check before buying a used boat; especially if the price was too good to be true.

Your boat is so distinctive and purdy; I hope you got it back intact.

chodups

Paddler
Jasper put me in touch with Matt and my boat was added to the list. Matt is really into it. I appreciate his enthusiasm for recovering lost boats

chodups

Paddler
Hopefully you still have your back up Tempest. Pretty unique looking boat to steal, sucks.
I do still have the Tempest though I will almost certainly be selling it this Spring/Summer. The Progression hasn't shown up but it now belongs to Mutual of Enumclaw. I have a Grand Illusion being built and once I have it I will no longer need the Tempest. The Tempest has been a great boat. It is solid. dry and outfitted for coastal travel.