• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Stolen Kayak

Good to have boat insurance. My partner and I own 3 sterling's kayak and we have them insured. Of course it would never pay for full replacement but it does give peace of mind.
Great choice with the Grand Illusion, if there is a kayak that can pretty well do it all, it's the one.

all ok, I have to haul two tandem kayaks for a kayaking trip I'm planning. I only have experience moving single kayaks, therefore I'm searching for tips on moving tandem kayaks. We examined the maximum weight that our cars could carry. I have kayak racks and rollers in my Honda Fit, but I'm concerned that the roof is too short to transport tandems securely. Are there any rules governing how far apart crossbars and rollers should be when transporting tandems? Anybody with experience driving a tandem on a Honda Fit or other compact vehicle? Same questions as above, does anyone have experience with tandems on those? Another vehicle choice is a Subaru Crosstrek. Right now, that car doesn't have any racks. Should tandem riders avoid using foam pads?

all ok, I have to haul two tandem kayaks for a kayaking trip I'm planning. I only have experience moving single kayaks, therefore I'm searching for tips on moving tandem kayaks. We examined the maximum weight that our cars could carry. I have kayak racks and rollers in my Honda Fit, but I'm concerned that the roof is too short to transport tandems securely. Are there any rules governing how far apart crossbars and rollers should be when transporting tandems? Anybody with experience driving a tandem on a Honda Fit or other compact vehicle? Same questions as above, does anyone have experience with tandems on those? Another vehicle choice is a Subaru Crosstrek. Right now, that car doesn't have any racks. Should tandem riders avoid using foam pads?
ok. I will start my own thread. thank you

Back