The Delta 14.5. Sport

chillywillis

Last Sunday I had the chance to paddle the new Delta 14.5 Sport kayak model. It fit me beautifully and performed like a boat with longer length.
Good tracking and nice secondary stablity. Also ampel hatch space.
What I liked best was the seat - the entire seat is movable on tracks and is adjustable. It makes for great thigh contact and a nice upright paddle position.

Nice visible yellow - the safety color that makes sense.
I saw another model in blue with a sheen of metalic - gorgeous!

Dan_Millsip

Paddler
Welcome to the site Chilliwillis. It was fun paddling with you last Sunday and I hope we'll meet up soon for another paddle.

For those of you who weren't there, a small group of us paddled up Widgeon Creek on a very foggy day. I paddled a Nimbus Telkwa (I really like that boat) on the way up and then paddled the Delta 12.10 on the way back (I haven't yet tried the 14.5) and found the 12.10 to be a fun little boat. It's pretty zippy for a short boat and I was very impressed with the stability -- primary stability is very good, as expected on a boat with a 25" beam -- secondary stability is truly amazing -- I had the boat leaned over way further than what I would have expected and it just hung there -- I wasn't even concerned about the need for bracing. Overall, it's a fun boat. I don't think the Twelve10 would be my choice for ocean touring but for day trips it's a very capable boat (so long as you're not expecting the speed of an 18 foot touring boat).

I have to agree that the metallic blue finish is very nice.

It's been interesting paddling the thermoformed boats from Delta -- their designs are definitely pulling the most out of the material and are surprisingly stiff.

canoelady

Paddler
For those of you who want to check out the new Delta Kayaks,
Western Canoeing & Kayaking we will have a complete selection of their current models at the Vancouver Boat Show, which starts Wednesday, Feb. 7. Our booth is on the main floor next to the food court. All models 10% off and your name goes into a Show draw for $5,000.

Mary @ Western

Komatiq

Paddler
A trip to the "continent" for a boat show isn't in the cards for me..... Does Delta have a website so I can look at their product?

Thanks in advance.

Komatiq

Paddler
Thanks for the input guys.

I was really only interested to see what their designs looked like and where they were being made. Don't see any more kayaks in my future now that I'm back into canoe's........ but you never know, I may have a weak moment. :wink: