• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Tie One On

Gary Jacek

Paddler
About once per year my local paddling club (SISKA) offers a session called “Tie One On”.
DDA38AC7-7201-4C36-AB15-7D60DC28F528.jpeg
32FEEE00-96D0-4EE7-B34E-3A02315F4A74.jpeg
CFC708D4-E240-443A-96CD-B9580F020FB1.jpeg
Because…Friends don't let friends drive like this.

Photographed this morning on Old Esquimalt Road.

Once again I am flabbergasted.

Aside from how dodgy this set up looks safety-wise, can you imagine what that does to the fuel economy? The van has raised roof rails, so it's just missing a set of universal cross bars to be able to load the boats in line. The bike could go on a rear mounted rack (unless they're towing something too).

I feel like the amount saved in fuel, fines for unsafe loads, and litigation with survivors when things go wrong, would offset the cost of a good rack system.

That is downright nasty. What part of this setup did they think was ok?

It would be funny if it wasn't so dangerous.

Shudder.... If those folks consider that safe, I am curious to what they consider safe while in the boats on the water....

Clearly you do not understand. This driver and 2 following cars were preparing for a group suicide event. All participants had AK47's to take care of any survivors.

You all miss the point, it has everything loaded on pallets so a forklift truck can load the car - simple. :)

Actually why didn't they use a container. A much better way to ship things. :o-o:

Just as well your roads are wide..... or wider.... o_O

Amateurs,
I balance a Tandem on end onto my mopeds rack and ride down the road with it.
You know you masteredit when you don't need any tiedowns.

A friend sent me this piccie of how he got his kayak to the ocean when he lived on a small island in Japan:
IMG_1397(1).jpg

Back