• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Vancouver 86th Annual Polar Bear Swim 2006

Dan_Millsip

Paddler
Well, the New Year is quickly approaching (where did that last year go?) and once again, it'll be time for the Vancouver Polar Bear Swim in English Bay.

A photo from last year:

sb_1001.jpg

Steve and Robert and I kayaked to the Polar Bear Swim last year (as spectators) and had a blast. We got front row seats in our kayaks and really, it's the best view in the house because you get to see the expressions on the swimmers when they hit the water.

The swim takes place at 2:30 PM so perhaps leave the Coast Guard station in Kits and head out for a short paddle beforehand? How about meeting being on the water around noon?

Anyone want to go?

Swimming with the sharks. Is it time for the next season of Sapranos 8) !You guys will have to do your part and at least do a couple of rolls it wouldn`t be right sitting all warm in your boats. :lol:

Happy Holidays
Wet Elvis

Well, I woke up this morning and the rain was falling, the wind was blowing, and my head was a little sore. I jammed out and didn't go to the Polar Bear Swim.

Did anyone go?

Back