Wanted: Tapered dry bag

Mowog73

Paddler
Looking for a Seal Line 20L tapered dry bag. I think they made a few different designs of the years. The one I have is a Kodiak 20L, similar to the picture, would like to find another.

Thanks
ke9HVhBPqILI28zzWc113CGlby7zBj6hTeJH5Nwjthumb.jpg

Geoff

Paddler
When I was hunting for one recently, it felt like very few spots were still making/selling tapered dry bags :(

This isn't the one you asked for; but it is available fwtw:

I had two shipped via https://www.seawings.ca/ and self cleared customs at the airport to try and keep the overall shipping down. Though seawings is more a tip for other folks around Victoria, BC; they won't be helpful for someone in Ontario :)

It seems nicely constructed.

Mowog73

Paddler
Thanks Geoff for the suggestion. I can always have it shipped to a friend in Michigan if I decide to buy one.

chodups

Paddler
Looking for a Seal Line 20L tapered dry bag. I think they made a few different designs of the years. The one I have is a Kodiak 20L, similar
I've got an old 20 liter taper from Sealine that has that goofy passive vent that never worked. I would love to get one with the vent on yours.

Mowog73

Paddler
The fella I found had only one 20L bag left with the non-goofy valve. If I see another one come up for sale I'll let you know.

pryaker

Paddler
I've got an old 20 liter taper from Sealine that has that goofy passive vent that never worked. I would love to get one with the vent on yours.
Lol, I hated my original one with that manual vent; probably still have it somewhere in the bottom of a box, wanna trade?

chodups

Paddler
Lol, I hated my original one with that manual vent; probably still have it somewhere in the bottom of a box, wanna trade?
Not really. I want another one and since the valve I have never worked I was hoping for a manual. Why did you hate it?

pryaker

Paddler
it didn't work well, sleeping bag stuffed into the bottom formed a seal and didn't allow air out. Then the keeper broke and i was worried about losing it. Any vent really seems unnecessary; just do the "one roll and squeeze" technique, works just as well in my experience.

Btw, just visited your blog; your latest post had me in stiches! The G.I.F. and type 3 fun; sorry to laugh at your discomfort!

chodups

Paddler
it didn't work well, sleeping bag stuffed into the bottom formed a seal and didn't allow air out. Then the keeper broke and i was worried about losing it. Any vent really seems unnecessary; just do the "one roll and squeeze" technique, works just as well in my experience.

Btw, just visited your blog; your latest post had me in stiches! The G.I.F. and type 3 fun; sorry to laugh at your discomfort!
That's the same reason that the passive valve didn't work for me. So based on your experience it's safe to say that I would be no better (maybe worse) off. Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I might have overshared a bit about the G.I. Fairy. Glad you enjoyed it.

Last edited: