• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Wanted: Tapered dry bag

Mowog73

Paddler
Looking for a Seal Line 20L tapered dry bag. I think they made a few different designs of the years. The one I have is a Kodiak 20L, similar to the picture, would like to find another.

Thanks
ke9HVhBPqILI28zzWc113CGlby7zBj6hTeJH5Nwjthumb.jpg

When I was hunting for one recently, it felt like very few spots were still making/selling tapered dry bags :(

This isn't the one you asked for; but it is available fwtw:

I had two shipped via https://www.seawings.ca/ and self cleared customs at the airport to try and keep the overall shipping down. Though seawings is more a tip for other folks around Victoria, BC; they won't be helpful for someone in Ontario :)

It seems nicely constructed.

Thanks Geoff for the suggestion. I can always have it shipped to a friend in Michigan if I decide to buy one.

Looking for a Seal Line 20L tapered dry bag. I think they made a few different designs of the years. The one I have is a Kodiak 20L, similar
I've got an old 20 liter taper from Sealine that has that goofy passive vent that never worked. I would love to get one with the vent on yours.

The fella I found had only one 20L bag left with the non-goofy valve. If I see another one come up for sale I'll let you know.

I've got an old 20 liter taper from Sealine that has that goofy passive vent that never worked. I would love to get one with the vent on yours.

Lol, I hated my original one with that manual vent; probably still have it somewhere in the bottom of a box, wanna trade?

Lol, I hated my original one with that manual vent; probably still have it somewhere in the bottom of a box, wanna trade?
Not really. I want another one and since the valve I have never worked I was hoping for a manual. Why did you hate it?

it didn't work well, sleeping bag stuffed into the bottom formed a seal and didn't allow air out. Then the keeper broke and i was worried about losing it. Any vent really seems unnecessary; just do the "one roll and squeeze" technique, works just as well in my experience.

Btw, just visited your blog; your latest post had me in stiches! The G.I.F. and type 3 fun; sorry to laugh at your discomfort!

it didn't work well, sleeping bag stuffed into the bottom formed a seal and didn't allow air out. Then the keeper broke and i was worried about losing it. Any vent really seems unnecessary; just do the "one roll and squeeze" technique, works just as well in my experience.

Btw, just visited your blog; your latest post had me in stiches! The G.I.F. and type 3 fun; sorry to laugh at your discomfort!

That's the same reason that the passive valve didn't work for me. So based on your experience it's safe to say that I would be no better (maybe worse) off. Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I might have overshared a bit about the G.I. Fairy. Glad you enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Back