• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Wanted: Used Composite Valley Or Zegul Greenland style Kayak

Zags

I am looking for any of the following used composite Greenland style sea kayaks. Prefer a used good to very good
condition kayak.

I am willing to drive around BC and as far as Washington.

Valley Nordkapp any version
Valley Anas Acuta
Zegul Greenlands

If you know of any for sale or in shops please reply or PM me.

Thanks

Re: Wanted: Used Composite Valley Or Zegul Greenland style K

Check Kayak Academy. On their used kayak and close out kayak sale pages they have several Nordkapps, an Anas Acuta, and two Zegul Greenland, also a Valley Q-boat.

Still looking for a used Nordkapp.

Ecomarine in Vancouver has several used Nordkapp's and Nordkapp LV'S (sadly discontinued) in their rental fleet.

Thanks, I took a look a few weeks ago but was disappointed by the rough condition they were in. The price was not reasonable for the condition.

yeah they can be well used but they are usually open to negotiation. the replacement cost of a new one for their rental fleet is pretty steep, which surely must factor in. the exchange rate is brutal.....

I'd second Kayak Academy, they have some brand new ones on sale/close-out on their web page right now. $2600-$3000 US is still a lot of dosh, but still cheaper than buying new in Canada with the current exchange rate.

I realize it is a pretty long drive but you may also want to consider Portland. Both Alder Creek and Portland Kayak Company have used kayaks listed on their websites. Alder Creek at times has some pretty good deals on closeouts. The draw is that Oregon has no sales tax. Of course savings may depend on fuel economy.

Edit: just had a look at both and pretty slim used and closeout stock on hand

Zags,

You on FaceBook? If so, hit my page with a plea. Several buddies well plugged into the used boat market will see it, WA and NW OR guys.

I happen to have a historic modified Nordkapp HM with the old style round sea cockpick. This boat is located on Orcas Island and I'm asking $1,000.00

Did you happen to pick this boat up from the mainland on... Saturday maybe? Think I saw a red Nordkapp on Hwy1 heading in the direction of Horseshoe Bay :)

Found it in Washington. Coincidentally my family and I went on a road trip and I found it in Spokane. Just picked it up yesterday. Worth the drive. :mrgreen:

Back