waterproof camera housings

Kermode

Paddler
Being new, apologies if I'm repeating info already out there. Reading latest PC world I came across an article on safeguarding Digital Cameras. Maybe of interest to some of you, with non-waterproof cameras. Aquapac make "Plastic bags" that are watertight, they are not merely for storage & you can reportedly take pics with the camera in the "bag" thro' the optical quality plastic. Waterproof to 15 feet & they will apparently float if dropped in the drink. Retailing at around $30 -$50 for average size digital cameras they may be worth checking out. I don't have first hand experience of these merely reporting on the article & quoting from the Aquapac website. There are also models suitable for phones/ vhf etc
http://www.aquapac.net
I noticed that NRS in the States carries them, Dan, do WCK keep these?

Astoriadave

Paddler
I've used Aquapacs to protect my old-style nonsubmersible HH VHF's; they work pretty well, but eventually develop slow leaks at the seal. You have to check them regularly. Typically, I got a season or two of use before the leaks began. I would not recommend them for regular underwater use, although they protected my radios well for about 6-7 seasons, when I went with a submersible HH VHF.

Duncan2

Paddler
I got a dicapac, seen here

I used it with my Sony. I had to be careful to hold it just right or the hood would be visible in the photo.

I since bought an Olympus 770 sw