What foods do you bring with you on long expeditions?

thunderseed

Paddler
Okay, I see now why those mesh bags would be a good thing to have, and they are pretty cheap too.

Astoriadave

Paddler
In lieu of bread, consider the large size corn tortillas. Gluten free, and keep well, in their package inside a Ziploc, against the yak hull. We have also used a falafel ready to mix with oil and water from the local natural foods store. Not sure that is gluten free. Rice cakes will last forever, if you can handle the dryness. Ditto for a dried hummus mix, add oil and vinegar. Very tasty and definitely gluten free. We made two days worth at a time and never had a problem.

thunderseed

Paddler
Astoriadave said:
In lieu of bread, consider the large size corn tortillas. Gluten free, and keep well, in their package inside a Ziploc, against the yak hull. We have also used a falafel ready to mix with oil and water from the local natural foods store. Not sure that is gluten free. Rice cakes will last forever, if you can handle the dryness. Ditto for a dried hummus mix, add oil and vinegar. Very tasty and definitely gluten free. We made two days worth at a time and never had a problem.
Thanks. I don't mind tortillas and flavoured rice cakes. I had no idea there was such thing as dried hummus mix, that would be awesome. I have so many ideas now. :D