Where are the San Juan reports :)

cougarmeat

Paddler
Geez. Beautiful Canadian report after beautiful report. All out of reach right now. And it's not just that the launch point is hundreds of miles away - a trip I gladly made at least once a year - now we have this complicated border dance - if the border is open at all.

Maybe some paddlers on the US side can add their adventures - be it the San Juans or lakes in Washington. We have a few "high lakes" around here, but even if the snowpack is so low that launch/paddling is possible, the roads themselves are closed/gated until around Memorial Day.

Thank you all for sharing your trips. It's a real inspiration to "get out there".

ChrisPoteetPdx

Paddler
I'll start up in the spring. I was convinced to be a ski instructor this year at Mt. Hood and so I'm playing in the snow. But I tell everyone up there my first love is the water.

cougarmeat

Paddler
We have "snow" in Bend too. Except with no new snow for over a week, temperatures reaching to 60's, and Mt. Bachelor continually saying they have a 70-inch base, ... How did Dana Carvey say in on SNL, "What could it be? What could it be? Could it be CONCRETE!"