• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

WS Tempest skeg cable repair

Roman

Good evening. I'm wondering if anyone has fixed a snapped spectra cord skeg cable on a WS rotomolded boat and might have a trick to share on how to thread the cord successfully. I've tried feeding it from the slider box, only for it to get stuck at the point of connection between the inside protective tube and the opening into the skeg box. Trying in the opposite direction (from the skeg box toward the slider box) proved even more challenging, as the hole into the slider box is barely bigger in diameter than the spectra cord itself. Would anyone have any tricks up their sleeve, other than an inhumane amount of patience or superhuman skill? Many thanks!

When threading spectra I sometimes saturate the end of the cord in crazy glue, and wait for it to harden. That can sometimes help thread it through tubes.

Another option is to pass a wire through the tube and glue the spectra to it, then use that to pull the line through.

When threading spectra I sometimes saturate the end of the cord in crazy glue, and wait for it to harden. That can sometimes help thread it through tubes.

Another option is to pass a wire through the tube and glue the spectra to it, then use that to pull the line through.
The wire trick crossed my mind but I couldn't quite see how to pull it off (no pun intended) with the hole on the slider box side being so tiny. On second thought though, I do have some very thin wire that could, with a little modification, work. Thank you for both tips, I'll give them a try.

Reactions: CPS
Back