• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Your dream kayak

jurgenk

Paddler
Have been fantasizing recently about purchasing another boat and have been looking hard at the Impex Force 4 or 5. Reasons I like this boat and design are: traditionally "British", high-volume/narrow beam, made in Canada, and, by some accounts, well-made and relatively inexpensive (compared to Valley and P&H anyway). I was dreaming about the P&H Quest for some time, but concerns about build quality since they began out-sourcing and cost have cooled my ardour.

I know that Andreas has had experience with Impex as I see that Pacifica Paddle Sports sells them. Anyone had any experience with their boats and, also, what is your dream boat (money be damned)?

wellllll :D dream boat you said..... i think i have my dream boat already :lol: the only thing i think would make my baby a bit better, would be more storage capacity. maybe also a built in electric pump and i would also like to give my boat to an artist for a week and tell him to have fun with the paint brush :roll:

oh yeah i forgot for anyone who doesn't know what boat i'm paddling;
formula/impex diamante

andreas

My dream kayak is to have several! :D 8O
A whitewater/surf boat, a nice high performance day boat, a plastic day boat that I can hit rocks with,a good trip boat for touring, and a double. I'm about halfway there...

Kevlar gulfstream.

gulfstream.jpg

I have a standard GS, but would love to have a kevlar or tufflam one... just got it back yesterday from having a repair done.

Put a red top on it and I would be good to go... That is a very nice looking boat. I like your idea Mike, in that I would like have several for different purposes and for different people.

Right now though, I am still paying for the first boat so the dream will have to wait (at least until the bankruptcy dies down a bit).

Dream boat... I haven't really chosen a specific one, but it would be high volume, long and fast - like the Current Designs Expedition - but maybe just a tiny bit narrower. And it would be a stripper (that is, a wood strip boat).

dream boat- i'd have 2.
first would be a Romany or maybe a Impex diamante-something rockered british style with a skeg, or a Nimbus Kap Farvel. realistically theyre all a bit above my very newbie skill level.
and second would be something with lots of capacity and rudder.
By the way i read up some reviews on Impex boats on paddling.net(which is bad for totaly in-accurate reviews a lot of times) and i read of some people who'se Impex boats turned out very poorly built, but i think thats mostly older models.

Back