• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

2015 WCP Spring Campout - NEW DATE!

Re: 2015 WCP Spring Campout

Mark and I are here reporting from Portland island at the smallest WCP get together ever! It's a lovely morning!

Mark_Schilling said:
Dan_Millsip said:
Well, the three of us who were left confirmed for the weekend have talked and decided to postpone the trip...

What are we, chopped liver?!
Well, you did say "tentatively" and "if the weather is good we'll probably be there".

Hope you have a terrific trip -- any raccoons?

Scott and I are heading over this afternoon for a short visit.
We plan to leave Swartz Bay around 2 and should be at Arbutus around 3.

Scott and I just got back from paddling out to visit Mark and Christine. I guess the presence of 4 of us makes it an official campout... ;)

20150425_163550%2520%2528Small%2529.jpg

Dan_Millsip said:
Mark_Schilling said:
Dan_Millsip said:
Well, the three of us who were left confirmed for the weekend have talked and decided to postpone the trip...

What are we, chopped liver?!
Well, you did say "tentatively" and "if the weather is good we'll probably be there".

Hope you have a terrific trip -- any raccoons?

It's beautiful out here! Sunny and calm this morning and the only bit of rain we got was in the middle of the night on Friday pm. Only a few raccoons - nothing like years previous. I'm guessing maybe Parks Canada arranged a quiet cull. The biologists are here but otherwise we have the place to ourselves. :)

Just for the record, I didn't bail because of the weather. I have plenty of Gortex and I even had the rubber gum boots ready to go. It's never rain that stops me from going.

Dan_Millsip said:
I have plenty Gortex and I even had the rubber gum boots ready to go. It's never rain that stops me from going.

Ditto. And I was counting on the pavilion for warmth and luxury food services. :lol: :lol:

SOOOOO?

Are we going to try again? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Does June 12-14 work for people? :big_thumb

Do we want to aim for Portland Island again, or do a Discovery Island trip instead? (with gear shuttles provided for the mainlanders).

Do we need a poll? Another forum? A swift and decisive decision? :popcorn:

SheilaP said:
SOOOOO?

Are we going to try again? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Does June 12-14 work for people? :big_thumb

Do we want to aim for Portland Island again, or do a Discovery Island trip instead? (with gear shuttles provided for the mainlanders).

Do we need a poll? Another forum? A swift and decisive decision? :popcorn:

I've already blocked out that weekend for WCP. I'm easy with getting to Portland on my own or with Discovery if my boat and I can hitch a ride from the ferry terminal and back.

OK,
Count me in for that weekend. I am good for either island. Discovery is quite nice, but will lack pikanik tables for the pavilion.
The Mainlanders would have to double up on cars, and the ugly ferry expense. I have not checked the currents thru Baynes Channel for that weekend also??? So I am OK with Portland, or even Beaumont, for a change, nice paddle from Swartz bay, anyway.

So pipe in, and lets set it up, before all of us have other plans made for us by spouses and so forth!

Dan_Millsip said:
There's a reason I prefer to paddle solo.

Quote from another forum. OK, I will (still) take charge then.

CAMP OUT 2.0 DETAILS

June 12-14

Portland Island, Arbutus Point

Potluck on Saturday night
It is a potLUCK folks. Be brave and just bring something!

Get your own way there, make your own way back. It is about being together, not the destination, eh? We can always plan other adventures when we are together. Day trip to Pender anyone??

Dan, could you change the main heading by chance?

Back