• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

new camera

RobP

Paddler
The wife just bough me an Olympus tough 8010 for Christmas, I guess the discussion below on camera mounts is gonna come in handy. Beats putting the point and shoot in zip lock bags. :mrgreen:

RobP

I am now on my second Olympus Tough camera and gave one to my girlfriend for Xmas. I suggest getting the waterproof strap - lack of one is why I am on my second camera!

I've shot a few pictures with a friend's D10. I was impressed with its ruggedness and how it handles. Have not really checked the image quality, but for a point and shoot, what I saw looked acceptable.

Forgot to say we got it at Dell.ca at $269.99 if anyone else is interested.
Hmm..... Price went up after the New Year's... Is now $289.99 and out of stock and we had free shipping......

Great price, Rick. I paid $329 for mine and checked the prices in Hong Kong when we were there last fall... $389 with the full warrantee (if you happened to live in Hong Kong....always a problem buying "offshore")

Back