• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Pyranha Everest 12'-9"?

I thought about that, but I also thought about using bags made from water-catch plastic (like those lining farm ponds) and filling them with expanding foam, so they can be removed and trimmed to length to fill as much of the hull with floating foam as possible, and still have room for the person paddling. The foot piece is a board and it's bolted in on aluminum straps so there is no access at all to the bow in front of it, and the way the seat and back-band are made, there is also no access to any part of the stern without removing the back-band completely. So with no useful way to carry anything, I thought it may be best to simply fill everything not used by the paddler with expanding foam. If it were bagged first it could be removed in the cases there was some reason to do it, but removal would mean taking the back-band or the foot brace out 100%.
This kayak would be good for playing and for training in rolling. It turn like it's on ball-bearings but like all such boats, going straight it a problem. I am giving a bit of thought to attaching a skeg with just enough size to make the hull track a little bit. I am thinking about making one that's 1" high and about 10" long, so the kayak is not fighting you with even a light wind as it does now. I can and I have paddled it for about 1 mile in open water, but even a shifting 8 MPH wind will make you pay attention to every stroke. having just a slight drag on the stern would make it easier. It was Pyranha's idea of a white-water boat in 1986. That was it's market at that time. So it turns like it's impaled on a stick in the middle and it rolls so easily it's amazing, but for any length of travel on open water (that is not moved by a river current) it's not at all easy.

This guy had the same idea.
But the one I have in mind is going to be about 1/3 the size of the one he made, (if I ever do it. Time will tell)

Last edited:
Well, the Seals 1.4 is quite tight, but goes on. I'll be trying it out soon.
If you soak the neoprene in a bucket of water, it will get more 'stretchy'. Then with regular use and rinsing, it will be easier to get off- the critical part!
A friend was lucky - when an over-tight skirt wouldn't pop off in a capsize, a paddling companion was right alongside, quickly.

Back